7. Money Matters: NaviSite, the managed services provider and hosting specialist, is set to announce financial results on March 15. We'll be watching the results closely because Time Warner Cable in February announced its intent to acquire NaviSite. Perhaps the financial results will shed more light on the Time Warner-NaviSite deal.
6. To the Max: GFI Software has just launched the latest addition to the MAX product line – GFI MAX MailArchive. "This is a complementary offering to our existing MAX MailProtection service, supplementing the hosted email security service with a fully-searchable, hosted email archive solution. We have launched this in North America initially and will be rolling it out to other regions within the next few months," said Alistair Forbes, general manager, GFI MAX, in an email to MSPmentor. "The service is delivered using the same console as the MailProtection service." Next up, GFI plans to integrate its MailProtection and RemoteManagement product, Forbes said. The moves come only a few weeks after GFI Software hired former SAP Channel Chief Pat Hume.
5. Up and Comer: David Powell, VP of managed services at TekLinks, a regional I.T. services provider in Birmingham, Ala., was named to the Birmingham Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40 List.
4. Partnering Up: The ASCII Group -- a reseller group for VARs and MSPs -- has inked a strategic partnership with Virtual Administrator, the master MSP. Under terms of the relationship, ASCII will offer discounted Virtual Administrator solutions to its membership. Virtual Administrator promotes Kaseya Cloud Services, Live Virtual Help Desk, hosted Exchange and SharePoint, spam filtering, online backup, managed security and more.
3. Best of Both Worlds?: The Intel Hybrid Cloud -- which includes on-premise servers that leverage cloud services -- is available now to channel partners. Small business expert Karl Palachuk is on the road with Intel, demonstrating the solution and answering hybrid cloud questions from channel partners. The next stop if March 8 in Pasadena, Calif. Meanwhile, Zenith Infotech Channel Chief Maurice Saluan has been on the road evangelizing Zenith's own cloud strategy.3.
2. Worth Noting: At Autotask Community Live 2011, CEO Mark Cattini and Founder Bob Godgart will present back-to-back keynotes on May 23. And Senior VP Jay McBain will lead a panel discussion on emerging technologies. You'll recall that Godgart shifted from the CEO post to the Chief Visionary Officer position when Cattini arrived as CEO in December 2011. McBain arrived around the same time from Lenovo. Autotask Community Live will mark five months since the executive additions and changes.
1. Noise or News?: Some of the biggest names in cloud computing are set to keynote the Cloud Connect conference starting March 7 in Santa Clara. In particular, we'll be listening closely to Cisco Cloud CTO Lew Tucker. Cisco last week announced a Cisco Cloud Partner Program, which 100 MSPs instantly qualify to join. Tucker reports to Cisco CTO Padmasree Warrior, who spoke about Cisco's cloud strategy last week at Cisco Partner Summit.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.