What should managed service providers (MSPs) look for in a remote monitoring and management (RMM) solution? A new Autotask eBook outlines some of the key factors to consider when exploring RMM solutions. Here are the details.
Ian van Reenen, Autotask's vice president of engineering for endpoint products
What should managed service providers (MSPs) look for in a remote monitoring and management (RMM) solution?
A new Autotask eBook, titled "Smart IT Buyer's Guide to Endpoint Management," outlines some of the key factors to consider when exploring RMM solutions.
"This guide provides IT service providers (ITSPs) and MSPs with a look at how endpoint management can help them to effectively manage and monitor end clients' endpoints to provide more proactive and profitable service delivery," Ian van Reenen, Autotask's vice president of Engineering for Endpoint Products, said in a prepared statement. "It provides information about what to consider for infrastructure and security and includes tips and testimonials from real-world deployments."
Autotask pointed out that every RMM solution is different, but finding the right one ensures a service provider can "deliver better service to [its] customers and grow [its] business faster while saving time and effort."
In addition, the professional services automation (PSA) software provider noted that service providers should evaluate several factors during the decision-making process, including:
- PSA integration — Having the ability to track tickets to devices can help service technicians better manage daily tasks. Also, the combination of PSA and RMM capabilities ensures service techs can perform remote takeover of a customer's device and provide real-time support.
- Easy deployment — Setting up an RMM solution should be simple, and Autotask noted that MSPs should be able to use this solution for monitoring and managing devices within a few hours of setup.
- Platform support — Many systems are readily available, such as iOS, Linux and Windows, and an RMM solution should provide MSPs with the ability to manage myriad systems and network devices.
- Reporting capabilities — Generating reports enables MSPs to review service issues and make improvements. Plus, an RMM solution that offers reporting capabilities ensures MSPs can demonstrate the value of their services to customers.
- Community assistance — Networking opportunities are key, as they can help MSPs learn from one another. An RMM provider that delivers best practices and around-the-clock support empowers MSPs to optimize their RMM solution.
Autotask's eBook is available for download here.