7. Talking... And Listening: I'm confirmed to meet HP Channel Chief Stephen DiFranco soon, and hope to discuss the company's managed services partner strategy. Got questions for DiFranco? Feel free to email me. Meanwhile, I hear Microsoft Channel Chief Jon Roskill has started meeting with MSPs to find more common ground between Microsoft's All In cloud strategy and the established MSP market.
6. Managed Print Goes Global: The first Asia Pacific MPS Conference (Singapore, Sept. 2-3) attracted 100 registered attendees. Participants traveled from 16 different locations in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, according to conference organizers.
5. Starting Soon: The fourth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey launches in October 2010 and runs through December 2010. Watch our MSPmentor 100 survey link to debut here on Oct. 4.
4. More Integrations: VaultLogix ‘Private Cloud’ Online Backup & Restore software now integrates with Autotask. Separately, ConnectWise now integrates with ManageEngine's MSP Center Lite. Those integrations further reinforce MSPmentor's view that integration APIs remain open even as some software coopetition (competition amid cooperation) emerges in the MSP software market.
3. Another MSP Merger: I'm willing to bet another MSP merger will occur before the end of September 2010. I'm willing to put some money on it, though not all of my finances... ...
2. Help Wanted: Several new career opportunities in the MSP market have surfaced in the free MSPmentor Career Center. Feel free to scan the listings or post your own help wanted ad.
1. Managed Video Services: Stay tuned for some new MSP-centric services that allow solutions providers to more easily stream video, deliver video on demand, and manage digital signage. Sounds like the official news will surface in a few weeks or so. The efforts will include MSP-centric partner programs.
That's all for now. Thanks for reading MSPmentor, and for joining in the conversation.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. And follow us via RSS,Facebook, Identi.ca; and Twitter. Plus, check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com.