Addressing the Kaseya Connect user conference in Las Vegas, Russell also said:
- Almost 50 percent of U.S. small businesses will spend $6.8 billion on remote managed services, according to AMI, note Russell.
- So why Intel? "We really don't think of ourselves as a chip company. We're on a 20-year transition to becoming a services, software and hardware company. It takes time."
- 25 percent of Intel employees are software employees. "Even before McAfee, we were at 20 percent in terms of our employees focused on software."
- Russell mentioned Intel vPro as a prime opportunity for MSPs. "We launched it in 2006; we're still around and that's good news. The value proposition is still there. I think vPro is finally ready to hit the big time."
- Intel is announcing vPro 2.0 -- not necessarily the official name -- with deeper security within a couple of weeks.
- The Windows 8-UltraBook pitch toward the end of the presentation caught my attention. No big surprises, but a reminder that UltraBooks will benefit when Windows 8 arrives.