7. New Look, More Education: The MSP University team redesigned their website a few weeks ago. Erick Simpson remains one of the busiest people I know in the industry...
6. MSP Definition, Please: A few readers have asked me to be more careful when referring to companies as MSPs. Some pundits note that VARs and resellers with only passing interest in managed services aren't really full-blown MSPs. Or are they? One expert says companies should generate at least 50% of revenues from recurring managed services to earn the MSP designation. I'll be listening for more feedback...
5. Green IT: Pacific Gas & Energy will leverage Promisec's agentless endpoint management software to reduce power consumption of computers operated by PG&E business customers.
4. Big Numbers: SoftLayer, a managed hosting provider, will standardize on Nimsoft to monitor and manage more than 25,000 systems. Meanwhile, Nimsoft founder Gary Read continues to speak highly of the recent CA-Nimsoft business combo. Apparently, the honeymoon continues.
3. Show Time: The Kaseya Connect User Conference starts June 1 in Las Vegas. I'll be arriving with plenty of questions. And I've heard rumors that Kaseya will break bread with at least one software partner/rival at the conference.
2. Exit, Stage Left: Sources say Ted Roller has left itControl Solutions, promoter of the itControl Suite managed services platform. Roller had been VP of channel development, North America. As you may recall, itControl Solutions is busy developing CAKE and also building a closer working relationship with Synnex, the big distributor.
A few moments ago, itControl Solutions sent me a separate, more extensive update. I'll be back with additional details when time permits. Here's the update.
1. Heavy Metal: A really large Hardware Provider will likely make some managed services news really soon. And the move will involve the channel -- both VARs and managed services providers.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. And follow us via RSS; Facebook; Identi.ca; and Twitter. Plus, check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com.