Ultimately, product launches are inflection points that drive customer conversations. Customers will surely ask you, "what do you think of the new iPhone 5?" Some may even ask about associated services -- such as Apple iCloud.
Instead of answering the questions directly, you should respond with your own questions. Here are 10 questions to get you started:
- Why are you asking about the iPhone 5?
- The big question: Are you looking to mobilize your employees? If so, which departments and why?
- Do you have a BYOD (bring your own device) corporate policy? Do you also have mobile and overall IT services policies for your employees?
- Do you know what mobile devices your employees already use?
- What business applications do your employees already access from mobile devices?
- What business applications do your employees still need to access?
- How are your employees currently sourcing their devices and related applications?
- How would you like your employees to ultimately source those devices and applications?
- What type of information storage and data protection policies do you have?
- How are you ensuring mobile devices adhere to those storage and data protection policies?