7. Kaseya Advisory Councils: Kaseya has launched a Customer Advisory Council and Partner Advisory Council. The Customer Advisory Council includes 30 managed service customers from the Americas, Europe, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific. The Partner Advisory Council has 10 key Kaseya partners. Each council will meet on a quarterly basis.
6. Beyond Salesforce.com: It sounds like the ConnectWise team cleaned up at this week's Dreamforce conference in San Francisco. I posted a teaser about the strategy a few days ago. Now, the chatter says Quosal has a chance to become the biggest product in the ConnectWise Capital portfolio... I'll explain more later.
5. Mobile Device Management: The topic and market will evolve dramatically. Perhaps as soon as October. MSPs take note.
4. Succession Plan: Is Intel Hybrid Cloud the natural successor to Microsoft Small Business Server? More thoughts soon.
3. HaaS Becomes HaaR?: Great America Leasing apparently offers a program called Hardware as a Rental (HaaR). Similar to HaaS (hardware as a service), but the company removes "the financial risk for the solution provider." Instead of the solution provider tying up its own money and risking non-payment from the customer, Great America provides the financing on the deal and assume the risk of the customer not paying. MSPmentor will explore more details soon.
2. Tigerpaw's Next Moves: The Tigerpaw National Conference runs Sept. 26-28 in Chicago. If I had to guess, the business management and PSA software developer will more formally discuss its cloud and mobile strategies. Roughly 500 people are expected to attend -- many of whom are MSPs, telecom resellers and VARs.
1. The Bigger Picture: The folks at GFI Software have pieced together multiple on-premises and cloud-based services for MSPs. That portfolio, collectively known as GFI Max, will be on display during a partner conference this coming week in New Orleands. How is GFI Max performing for MSPs? And which portions of the suite are generating the most partner profits? We'll be poking around for answers.
That's all for now. Thanks for reading MSPmentor.