7. What Happens In Vegas?: At this week's ITEX event in Las Vegas, it sounds like the some key printer industry players were speaking with Shockey Monkey about potential integrations...
6. Backup Reporting: Storage Guardian has integrated backup reporting into ConnectWise's Professional Services Automation (PSA) software.
5. Deadline Approaches: If you offer cloud services or work on cloud-related consulting engagements, be sure to complete our second-annual Top 50 Cloud Services Providers survey -- otherwise known as the Talkin' Cloud 50. Deadline for participation: April 27.
4. Money Matters: Both VMware and Microsoft announced impressive earnings this week. Analysts were particularly impressed to see Windows license revenue growing again -- especially ahead of Windows 8's release.
3. Intel, OpenStack and Career Opportunities: Mirantis, an IT consulting firm focused on OpenStack, says the emerging OpenStack industry faces a major talent shortage. Certification for OpenStack, an open source cloud technology, also is needed. Sounds like a prime opportunity for MSPs to explore for public or private cloud efforts. Oh, and an interesting rumor: Intel Capital officials attended an OpenStack meeting this week in San Francisco, hunting for potential investment opportunities...
2. Zoho and ManageEngine: So where is Zoho going in the SaaS market and where is ManageEngine going in the managed services software market? I got both answers while visiting Zoho Corp.'s offices on Thursday. A deeper story about the past, present and future of Zoho and ManageEngine will surface soon.
1. Microsoft Management Summit Surprises: As MSPmentor predicted, Microsoft has extended Windows Intune (the cloud-based PC management service) to support Google Android and Apple iOS Mobile Device Management (MDM). But that's not all we heard. We'll be back soon with a deeper recap just for MSPs.
That's all for now. Thanks for reading.