5. Hello Again, LANDesk: The IT service management company has unveiled Management Intelligence for Microsoft System Center. The new LANDesk offering allows MSPs and customers to manage software licenses and hardware lifecycles. MSPs can also aggregate and analyze manufacturer, vendor and reseller data to drive better IT and business decisions.
4. Better Decisions?: Decisions, a workflow automation software company, plans to unveil a new set of tools for System Center administrators and MSPs. The tools will allow users to extend and enhance operations around Orchestrator and Configuration Manager. Details should surface in the Decisions Blog.
3. Windows Server Monitoring: Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) has launched version 5.0 of Splunk App for Windows. The company claims version 5,0 delivers "enterprise-class monitoring for Microsoft Windows Server." I'm curious to know if MSPs will plug Splunk into their management dashboards.
2. Shout Out: MSPmentor's sister business division includes Windows IT Pro, Paul Thurrott's Windows Super Site and other Microsoft-oriented coverage. The division's latest hire is Rod Trent -- founder of myITforum. Trent has built a guide to Microsoft Management Summit 2013 and he'll be driving community engagement on some of our sister brands. Look him up at the show or follow him on Twitter here: @RodTrent.
1. Hybrid Cloud Management: Are MSPs gaining expertise with Hybrid Cloud Management? In particular, are MSPs using Microsoft System Center to manage Windows environments both on-premises and in the Windows Azure Cloud? I'd certainly welcome some updated chatter, Microsoft.
MSPmentor will be covering the conference all week. If you're attending and spot news, feel free to post a comment or send me email -- joe.panettieri [at] penton.com.