7. Big Career Move: One of the most successful MSP executives (an M&A veteran and entrepreneur with Fortune 500 experience) is set to announce a very intriguing career move. The news could come as soon as January 2. And I promise: We'll bring it to you here on MSPmentor.
6. LabTech Cloud Monitoring: CEO Matt Nachtrab sent across some intriguing thoughts on where LabTech Software is heading in the future. We're organizing the notes and will provide follow-up soon.
5. Best Buy Directors Exiting: Two directors at Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) have resigned, the latest potential red flags as the big box retailer struggles to find its future. Founder and former CEO Richard Schulze may attempt to acquire Best Buy by February 2013. But I'm not convinced Schulze will organize financial backing for the deal. Still, Best Buy has some intriguing assets -- including the mindSHIFT and Geek Squad IT services businesses.
4. Big Growth: Agile IT, an MSP and cloud services provider in San Diego, says revenues doubled in 2012.
3. First Road Trip of 2013: Time to get back on the road. First stop: Tampa Bay, Fla. the week of Jan. 7. The destination: Tech Data's TD Cloud conference for VARs, MSPs and cloud integrators. Potential side trip: A stop at ConnectWise and LabTech Software, headquartered near the Tampa airport.
2. News Tips: Got any interesting chatter to share? Send alerts to Contributing Managing Editor Jessica Davis (jessica@NineLivesMediaInc.com) or me (joe@NineLivesMediaInc.com). We thank you in advance for your tips.
1. Surveys to Watch: Thanks to all MSPs that participated in our sixth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey. We'll disclose results in February 2013. Also starting soon: Our third-annual Top 100 Cloud Services Provider survey over on Talkin' Cloud. You'll find the details soon on http://www.talkincloud.com/tc100.