7. First Mover?: TechSquad IT, an MSP in Milwaukee, claims to be the first Wisconsin-based MSP to offer the new Intel AppUp platform for small businesses. The AppUp effort is part of the Intel Hybrid Cloud initiative.
6. Signing On: The forthcoming ChannelEyes social media network says 35 percent of early sign-ups involve suppliers, suggesting that 65 percent of the sign-ups involve channel partners (VARs, MSPs, telco resellers, audio/video professionals and more). ChannelEyes, founded by former Autotask CEO Bob Godgart, is expected to officially launch in early 2012. ChannelEyes positions itself as the first free, secure social network that aggregates channel program information.
5. Strong Showing: SolarWinds says Q3 revenues rose 31 percent to $53.9 million and net income grew 48%. The company, which makes IT management software, announced a long-awaited MSP push a few days before delivering those strong earnings.
4. Another Service Desk: A new LANDesk Service Desk as a Service is positioned for IT administrators. But we're checking to see if LANDesk will extend the service to MSPs. According to LANDesk, the SaaS-based service desk supports on-premise, cloud or hybrid support models.
3. Time for Speculation: As reported, Zenith RMM is seeking alternative partners in the cloud storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. If I had to guess, I suspect Axcient and Doyenz -- among other companies -- are on Zenith RMM's shortlist of potential partners. Zenith Infotech, meantime, is seeking to build integrations with alternative RMM providers.
2. Stabilizing?: Anybody else notice that Zenith Infotech shares seem to have climbed during the past two trading days in India? Zenith Inofotech shares had been falling in recent weeks amid the company's recent bond default. But it's difficult to say if the share stabilization in the past two days is tied to any specific news.
1. Survey Continues: Does your company rank among the world's top 100 MSPs? Prove it. Participate in our fifth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey. The survey runs through December 23, 2011. We'll be honoring MSPs worldwide based on the survey results.
Thanks, as usual, for reading.