7. Greetings, Michael Dell: The VAR Guy had to exit McAfee Focus 12 a little earlier than planned. The reason: A surprise meeting with Michael Dell in New York. During the sit-down, Dell's CEO mentioned managed services opportunities involving PacketTrap, AppAssure and eFolder (an eFolder partner). Coming Monday, Oct. 29 -- the complete Dell interview, as captured by The VAR Guy.
6. Sold Out: IT Nation, the ConnectWise-hosted conference for VARs, MSPs and IT service providers, is set for Nov. 8-10 in Orlando. Oh, and it's sold out -- again.
5. Expansion Mode: Naverisk, the RMM software company out of Australia/New Zealand, has established its first UK office, which offers localized support to European IT Service providers and MSPs.
4. More Mergers, Acquisitions: Cogent Growth Partners has advised on yet another MSP/IT consulting merger/acquisition. This one involves Charlie Ross, of Smithfield, R.I., on his recently announced acquisition of Welsh Consulting in Boston effective October 1. Meanwhile, TUC Brands has acquired TechSupport.ca, continuing CEO Mark Scott's aggressive M&A strategy in Canada.
3. Big Honor: McAfee named Spam Soap its SaaS Distributor of the Year. Among those taking a bow: Spam Soap GM and Channel Chief Leonard Dimiceli.
2. IBM vs. Hurricane Sandy: IBM is set to host a managed services conference -- called the IBM Influencer Forum -- on Tuesday, Oct. 30, in New York. UPDATE: IBM canceled the event amid Hurricane Sandy's approach. If/when the event is rescheduled MSPmentor will update this blog entry.
1. MSPmentor 100: The sixth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey is open and runs through Dec. 28. 2012. Complete the survey and perhaps your company could be ranked among:
- The world's top 100 MSPs
- North America's top 200 MSPs
- EMEA's Top 50 MSPs
- Asia, Australia, New Zealand's Top 25 MSPs
- The top emerging Central and South America MSPs