7. CEOs In New Positions: Former Intronis CEO Sam Gutmann has joined BassTech International as CIO. Thanks for the briefings back at Intronis, Sam. Meanwhile, what is former Nimsoft CEO Gary Read up to? Here's part A of our answer. Stay tuned for part B.
6. Watch This: Cisco Systems at the Enterprise Connect conference. Some managed services opportunities will likely emerge. That's all I can say about that .. for now.
5. And Watch That: A very big managed services partner program will likely emerge at the Channel Partners conference in Las Vegas. Telecom resellers may applaud the news. Some small MSPs may balk. Either way this will be worth watching.
4. Thanks: To Five Nines Technology Group CEO Nick Bock. He offered up some constructive criticism about one of our social media feeds. We jumped right on it. Yada, yada, yada. We finally found a fix a week later. Sorry for the delay, Nick. Thanks for offering a reality check.
3. First Quarter Highlights: How has the PSA market evolved, especially in Q1 2012? Pursuing answers and insights now.
2. Cloud-based Backup SLAs: What is the best cloud-based backup SLA you've seen? (That is: What is the guaranteed time to restore?) I expect a significant update in this area the week of March 26, though I'm not sure how the new SLA will compare with some rival offerings...
1. Yes, I Heard About the Lawsuit: A patent company has sued an RMM software company. The lawsuit alleges that the RMM software company violated a remote support patent. I did some poking around: The patent company makes a living by suing technology companies, many of which focus on help desk software, remote control, remote support and MSP-oriented stuff. No cause for alarm, MSPs. Most of the lawsuits I looked at were either dismissed or ended in settlements, with zero MSP impact. So I'll ignore the speculation until I hear otherwise.
That's all for now. Thanks for reading. This blog entry is my favorite part of Friday afternoons. I appreciate you swinging by to give it a read.