Here's a list of LogMeIn's Windows Patch Management capabilities:
- Support for Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 updates;
- Securely schedule and manage updates to off-LAN computers using LogMeIn's cloud-based connectivity platform;
- Easily and simultaneously manage Windows Updates on multiple computers to keep systems up-to-date and secure;
- Automatically push updates to multiple systems at the same time;
- Individually select which Microsoft updates to apply;
- Check for Windows Updates at the click of a button;
- Instantly view update status of remote computer; and
- Work with Windows Update or Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
The patch management solution was beta tested for three months, during which LogMeIn conducted one-on-one user sessions with clients to make sure the solution included the features clients wanted. The session proved to play a large role in how LogMeIn's patch management solution looks today. Campbell explains: "MSPs wanted the option to install only updates that apply to them," he said. They want to pick and choose." Now LogMeIn is giving MSPs that option.
LogMeIn's patch management solution comes with LogMeIn Central ($299/year) and LogMeIn Pro ($69/year). The LogMeIn update reinforces the company's growing focus on the managed services market. Still, it's important to note that many rival RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platforms have long offered patch management services.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.