Indeed, more than 80 percent of top MSPs already offer managed security services to their customers, according to our fourth annual MSPmentor 100 survey (the fifth-annual survey runs now through Dec. 23, 2011). Many anti-virus and endpoint security companies have overhauled their licensing models to support monthly pricing and aggregate licensing for MSPs.
Still, MSPmentor suspects that most MSPs in the SMB market focus on basic anti-virus and anti-malware services. And most MSPs regularly explore the market for add-on security services that generate recurring revenues. That's where ForeScout enters the picture. ForeScout promotes more sophisticated Network Access Control (NAC) and Network-based Endpoint Security (NES) to MSPs serving enterprises and government markets.
In a prepared statement, ForeScout claims its security service offers MSPs:
- Broad service capabilities, non-disruptive implementation, management ease and faster time-to-value.
- Flexible pricing options, with monthly pricing, tiered discounts and on-demand license expansion options.
- Marketing and implementation materials.
- Interoperability with existing customer networks.
- Built-in device identification and auto-classification capabilities with extensible network access, endpoint compliance, guest networking and threat prevention security policies.
Additional insights from Nicholas Mukhar.