eFolder and Veeam have teamed up to enable IT service providers to add off-site backup and disaster recovery services to Veeam Software deployments, leveraging the eFolder cloud. Here are the details.
eFolder VP of Marketing Ted Hulsy
Channel centric business continuity and file sync service provider eFolder has announced that its BDR for Veeam is now generally available. The new service lets IT service providers and managed service providers (MSPs) add off-site backup and disaster recovery services to Veeam Software deployments, leveraging the eFolder cloud.
The eFolder and Veeam partnership is one of several partnerships eFolder has forged to help partners offer a wide selection of backup offerings to their customers and meet all their customers’ backup needs. The addition of Veeam adds yet another to the portfolio that is likely to appeal to larger organizations and customers that have pursued server consolidation and virtualization strategies.
“There are hundreds of eFolder partners who are deploying Veeam,” Ted Hulsy, eFolder VP of marketing told MSPmentor. “There is plenty of pent up demand there, and we know the MSP market in general is adopting Veeam.”
eFolder BDR for Veeam is powered by Veeam Cloud Connect, a new capability released with Veeam Availability Suite v8 for hosting offsite backups. eFolder BDR for Veeam leverages Veeam Availability Suite v8 to replicate backup images to the eFolder Cloud, providing verified VM backups in the cloud, the companies said.
eFolder BDR for Veeam offers the following, the companies said:
- 500 gigabytes (GB) of cloud storage per protected VM in the eFolder Cloud, pooled at the partner level offered at a single, competitive monthly service charge per VM
- Point and click configuration to copy local Veeam backups to the eFolder Cloud
- Multiple recovery options, including on-site recovery, recovery of Hyper-V VMs in the cloud, download, or expedited shipment of a copy of the VM data
- Compatibility with new and existing Veeam software licenses already deployed by channel partners (existing software must be upgraded to Veeam Backup & Replication v8 first in order to be compatible)
- Veeam Cloud Connect functionality: complete visibility and control of cloud repositories and the ability to leverage Veeam’s modern backup technology including forever incremental backups, efficient retention of VM data, and end-to-end encryption with a client-private encryption key
eFolder is a supplier of cloud data protection, business continuity and cloud file sync solutions for MSPs, cloud service providers, system integrators, and VARs.
More coverage of this week's eFolder announcement is available on Talkin' Cloud.