First, some perspective on how to handle employee transitions -- from both sides of the table. Check in with Bissett and N-able CEO Gavin Garbutt, and you'll find (A) Bissett wishing N-able well and (B) Garbutt wishing Bissett well. Notes Garbutt, “Rob has been a great contributor to N-able’s growth and our partners’ success. We wish Rob every success on his new endeavors.”
Bissett's next stop is 6Fusion, which has two flagship solutions:
- 6fusion Enterprise Infrastructure Node (iNode), which is designed for businesses to run within their private data centers. 6fusion says the platform offers all the benefits of cloud computing, such as workload deployment and control, internal cost allocation and charge back and, and an nterface to the 6fusion iNode Network, where customers can access on-demand computing resources when needed, paying only for their utilization rates.
- 6fusion iNode Network, which is designed for third-party data center providers that want to convert raw data center resources into a billable utility Infrastructure Nodes (iNodes). Customers and solutions providers, in turn, can plug into the data centers and grab compute cycles on demand -- without necessarily having to worry where the IT resources physically reside.
N-able's Next MoveMeanwhile, N-able has started the search for a new director of product marketing at the RMM (remote monitoring and management) software company. Garbutt says the search is both internal and external.
"We’re looking for the right person with the right skills, expertise and passion to strengthen our leadership and continue to execute against our vision of making our customers the world’s most successful MSPs," said Garbutt. "In the interim, we have pulled from our strong bench of associates and have two product managers assisting us until a new Director is named."
N-able also is gearing up for the company's annual partner summit (Oct. 20-22, Scottsdale, Ariz.).
MSP Experts On the MovePlenty of MSP pundits have been making career moves lately. Some names worth noting:
- itControl Solutions veteran Ted Roller is now VP of channel development at Intronis.
- More recently, itControl Solutions veteran David Toms joined Metafore, a top Canadian VAR, as VP and GM for the central region.
- Ingram Micro Seismic veteran Justin Crotty joined NetEnrich, a NOC (network operations center) specialist, on Aug. 16.
- Doyenz, a cloud and virtualization specialist in Seattle, is set to announce the hiring of a key MSP industry veteran within the next few days, MSPmentor has heard.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. And follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca; and Twitter. Plus, check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com.