Evolve IP has expanded its Desktop Services Suite to help IT professionals solve deployment and device management issues in hybrid cloud environments. Here are the details.
Evolve IP CEO Thomas J. Gravina
The Wayne, Pennsylvania-based communications and cloud services company said its updated Desktop Services Suite enables physical, virtual and mobile device management (MDM).
Evolve IP's Desktop Services Suite allows IT pros to control physical and virtual desktops and mobile devices through a single pane of glass, Evolve IP said, for complete management in the cloud.
"Managing and deploying desktops and handheld devices has never been more challenging," Evolve IP Chief Technology Officer Scott Kinka said in a prepared statement. "Based on those market dynamics, we have developed a suite of services that allow for the unified management and deployment of the desktop services typically found in a hybrid environment."
Evolve IP's Desktop Services Suite includes:
- Desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) – Leverages desktop virtualization from VMware (VMW) to provide a virtual workspace that can be accessed from any location, at any time.
- Desktop Helpdesk (HD) – Provides remote support to end users' customers during business hours.
- Hosted Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – Gives customers full control over virtual desktop environments while Evolve IP manages infrastructure (hardware and virtualization).
- MDM – Allows companies to secure, configure, locate and erase unrecoverable mobile devices that are used for business and launch and manage bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs.
- Remote monitoring and management (RMM) – Offers point-and-click configuration management, patch management, performance reporting and remote control.
The new release comes after Evolve IP acquired Webcore Technologies, an Austin, Texas-based managed service provider (MSP) that offers on-site and remote IT support, in January.
Thomas J. Gravina, Evolve IP's CEO, previously said the Webcore acquisition would enable his company to bundle its nationwide cloud computing with Webcore's remote management and help desk offerings and better support businesses that want to leverage the cloud.
He also noted that the Webcore acquisition would provide "an even greater opportunity to help customers take advantage of [Evolve IP's] unified cloud platform."