With secure e-signatures, signatories sign documents by opening the email attachment, typing their name into the e-signature certificate field, and clicking to acknowledge their signature. All of this occurs right within their email client.
Whether it’s the medical, insurance or real estate industry, federal regulations have turned the paper “trail” into a four-lane highway. That’s why the time is ripe for MSPs to offer electronic signature solutions that offer the perks of paperless convenience, while maintaining the integrity of a verifiable signature.
MSPs’ demand for e-signature solutions, coupled with the need for robust email encryption that protects nonpublic information (NPI), is why AppRiver has added a new e-signature solution to its CipherPost Pro email encryption platform, which already includes secure messaging, file sharing, and email tracking for a low monthly fee.
How e-Signatures and Encrypted Email Work
Many people mistakenly believe that since standard email does not physically change hands, it is more secure that standard mail. However, email is arguably less secure than a post card traveling from Tahiti to New York, with every postal worker (network servers) along the way having eyes on it. Heaven forbid it ends up in the wrong recipient’s mailbox (inbox).
Unlike standard email, encrypted email and secure e-signature solutions don’t pass from server to server or even inbox to inbox. Instead, they live on a secure server within the cloud. When users need to e-sign documents or read encrypted email, they are taken to the secure server to view and sign the document in question, rather than the documents or emails being brought to their inboxes.
With secure e-signatures, signatories sign documents by opening the email attachment, typing their name into the e-signature certificate field, and clicking to acknowledge their signature. All of this occurs right within their email client. In addition, CipherPost Pro automatically tracks documents and alerts the sender when documents are signed via desktop and mobile alert notifications.
Paperwork Made Easy
Unlike many stand-alone e-signature solutions that require users to login to the secure platform in their browsers, this new secure e-signature offering is unique in that it integrates directly into Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office 365 and other Web-based email clients, meaning no additional steps must be taken to e-sign a document.
Additionally, it provides an alternative to costly and inefficient signing and transmission of paper documents with a simple “click-to-acknowledge” function directly from within the email client.
Plus, being compatible with other solutions, such as Hosted Exchange, makes it easy to bundle for any clients who must adhere to regulatory compliance such as HIPAA.
Additional Features at No Additional Cost
Here are the features CipherPost Pro users can expect with the new e-signature upgrade:
- Maximum security: Encrypt and protect documents with one click. Files are fully secured and signed documents are stored encrypted.
- User authentication: Every user is authenticated before e-signing and sending a document.
- E-signature non-repudiation: Full authentication, tracking and e-signing data is appended to the document.
- Real-time activity alerts: Users receive automatic notifications of e-signatures and message activity.
- Selectable data residency: Choose a data center location for documents and emails for regulatory compliance.
- Support for large files and various file types: Validate sizable documents such as complex PDFs as well as other file types, including X-rays, without size limitations.
- Contributed to original sender: Emails to signatories originate from the sender’s name, eliminating confusion about who owns and sent the information.
- Mobile functionality: Messages can be sent, signed and tracked through mobile apps for iOS, Android, Windows 10 and BlackBerry 10.
To find out more about AppRiver’s CipherPost Pro, visit https://appriver.com/services/email-encryption/.
To find out about partnership opportunities with AppRiver, visit https://www.appriver.com/partners/.